Kane Williamson Achievements,Wife & Career Info
Kane Williamson was born on 8 August 1990 in Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand. He is a New Zealand international cricketer who is presently the skipper of the New Zealand national team in all formats.
He is a right-handed batsman and an irregular off-spin bowler. His extraordinary ability included the unique Non-Asian skill to play quality spin apart from being capable of fast bowling. Kane Williamson is a technically-solid batsman with the ability to face deadly pace attacks and at the same time tackle quality spinners with clever footwork.
Kane Williamson Achievements, Wife, Net Wealth & Career Info
Biography Of Kane Williamson
Full Name: Kane Stuart Williamson
NickName: Steady the Ship
Nationality: New Zealand
ROLE: Batsman/Right-handed, Captain, Right-arm off-break Bowler
Physical Stats & More
- Height: 5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)
- Weight: in kilograms- 665 kg in pounds- 143 lbs
- Eye Colour: Light Blue
- Hair Colour: Blonde
- Hair Length: Medium Length
vs India at Narendra Modi Stadium, Nov 04, 2010
vs India at Rangiri Dambulla International Stadium, Aug 10, 2010
vs Zimbabwe at Harare Sports Club, Oct 15, 2011
vs Chennai Super Kings at MA Chidambaram Stadium, Apr 11, 2015
First Class Cricket
Williamson started his first-class appearance in 2007 at 17 years old for the Northern Districts. He continues as a member of them.
English County Cricket
Williamson was hired by Gloucestershire through the 2011 English county division. He was then contracted by Yorkshire in 2013 for half of the period. After fascinating at the 2013 season and Williamson was consequently hired to return for the 2014 season.
Kane Williamson was hired by Sunrisers Hyderabad on 6 February 2015, for a huge US$ 96,500. Williamson remained a part of Sunrisers’ victorious campaign in the 2016 season. In 2017, he was hired by the side. In the 2018 IPL Auction, Williamson was hired by the Sunrisers Hyderabad for a large amount of US$ 460,500. He was elected the captain of the side in the same year.
On 10 August 2010, Williamson started his One-Day International appearance against India. However, he was disappointed to score a maiden run after being dismissed on his 9th ball. It was not a start to a career that Williamson had expected for.
On his second match, he was repeatedly bowled for a duck by Angelo Mathews.
Williamson got his maiden ODI hundred-facing Bangladesh in Dhaka. At just the age of 20, Williamson became the most junior centurion in New Zealand’s cricket history.
On 4 November 2010, Williamson started his Test cricket appearance against India at Ahmedabad. He counted 131 runs off 299 balls in the first innings and became the eighth New Zealand player to score a hundred on a Test appearance.
Williamson got a splendid 161 against West Indies in June 2014, which was his second test hundred of the series. Williamson performed a significant role in a unique away test series victory for New Zealand.
T20 International Career
Williamson got his T20 International appearance against Zimbabwe on 16 October 2011. He captained New Zealand in the ICC T20 World Cup in 2016.
At a very young age, Kane Williamson was selected as skipper first of the ODI and Twenty20 series against Pakistan in 2014, as Brendon McCullum was dropped for the tour. Following Brendon McCullum’s departure, Williamson permanently grabbed the position of the skipper of New Zealand over all forms of cricket in March 2016. His captaincy started with the World T20I cup in India. Williamson also captained New Zealand through their runner-up finish at the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup.
- Youngest centurion in New Zealand Cricket History – 20 years.
- Eighth New Zealand Cricketer to get a century on Test Debut.
- Third highest ever strike-rated century by a New Zealander in a One-Day International – 100* for 69 balls.
- Fifth-fastest batsman in the world and the fastest New Zealander to score 3,000 runs.
- Most Test Runs for New Zealand in a calendar year – 1172 runs in 2015.
- Thirteenth batsman to score a test century against all test playing nations.
- First New Zealand cricketer to cross 900 rating points in the ICC Test batting rankings – 2018.
- Fastest New Zealand Cricketer to score 6,000 runs in test cricket.
Awards and Accolades
- IPL Orange Cap for scoring most runs in 2018 – 735.
- Named in the IPL XI of the tournament by Cricbuzz in 2018.
- Player of the Tournament- ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
- Captain of Team of the Tournament by Espncricinfo- ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
- Selected in the 2nd XI of the 2014 ICC World T20 Cup by ESPNCricinfo.
- Named in Test XI of the year by Cricbuzz – 2014.
- T20 Player of the Year by NZC for the 2014-15 season.
- ‘Team of the Tournament’ by Cricinfo and Cricbuzz – ICC T20 World Cup 2016.
- NZ player of the year- 2016.
- Test player of the year- 2016
- Redpath Cup for a top batsman in first-class cricket -2015,2016.
- World Test XI by the ICC – 2016.
- Sir Richard Hadlee Medal – 2015-16 and 2016-17.
- Named 12th man in the ‘Team of the Tournament’ at the 2017 Champions Trophy by the ICC and Cricinfo.
- World Test XI by the ICC – 2018.
- Named captain of Test XI by ESPNCricinfo – 2018.
- Named in Test XI by Cricbuzz – 2018.
- Date of Birth: on 8 August 1990
- Age: 30 years 7 months 3 days old
- Birthplace: Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
- Nationality: New Zealander
- Hometown: Christchurch
- Zodiac Sign: Leo
- Food Habit: Non-Vegetarian
- Hobbies: Listening to music, Travelling, Playing the Guitar, Cooking.
In April 2014, Williamson was claimed for a suspected bowling action but was released in December 2014.
School: SchoolTauranga Boys’ College, Tauranga, New Zealand.
College/University: SchoolTauranga Boys’ College, Tauranga, New Zealand
Girls, Affairs, and More/ Relationships & More
- Kane Williamson Relationship Status: Single
- Interested In: Female
- Marital Status: Married
- Marital Type: Love Come Arrange Marriage
- Spouse: Sarah Raheem
- Father: Brett Williamson
- Mother: Sandra Williamson
- Siblings: Logan Williamson (Twin) Sisters- 3(Anna, Kylie, and Sophie)
Spouse & Children
Kane Williamson is a married man. He got married to a beautiful girl named Sarah Raheem. She is a nurse. This couple was also blessed with a baby girl who was born on 16th Dec 2020.
Kane Williamson Net Worth:
Kane Williamson’s net worth is estimated to be $3 Million – $5 Million as of 2021.
Williamson has not only developed as a player but also as a leader over the last few years – it’s only been a higher climb for the capable player.
Related Article: Joe Root