MC Hammer: Hip Hop Legend, Net Worth, Kids & Bio
When he arrived on the scene, MC Hammer caught over the world’s airwaves with his catchy music. He was one of the most thriving artists of his time. Even then, there are however some articles about him that some may not be informed of.
Stanley Kirk Burrell has known professionally as MC Hammer. He is an American rapper, dancer, record producer, and entrepreneur who had his biggest economic progress and reputation from the late 1980s until the early 1990s.
The Hip Hop Legend: MC Hammer, Net Worth, Son, Kids, Wife & Bio
- The Hip Hop Legend: MC Hammer, Net Worth, Son, Kids, Wife & Bio
What does MC Hammer stand for?
MC stands for “Master of Ceremonies.” He started applying it when performing in clubs when on the road with the Oakland A’s. As for Hammer, he newly verified via Twitter that he got it from the retired professional baseball player Pedro Garcia who was the first to point out that he resembled Hank “Hammerin’ Hank/The Hammer” Aaron.
MC Hammer Profile summary
- Real name: Stanley Kirk Burrell
- Nicknames: MC Hammer, Hammer, Hammer Time, King Hammer, Hammerman.
- Birth Name: Stanley Kirk Burrell
- Occupations: Rapper, dancer, music producer, entrepreneur, preacher.
Physical Stats & More
- Height: 5 ft 11 in (1.82m)
- Weight: 78 kg
- Eye Colour: Dark Brown
- Hair Colour: Bald
- Religion: Christianity
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
- Race / Ethnicity: Black(He is of African-American descent)
MC Hammer Career
He started with music at a very first age. The opening band he created was doing Christian rap. Through this time, he recorded with Keyshia Cole, who provided him guidance to rise a career in music. He did not have any money and this is the purpose why he acquired some money so that he can build his record label.
He was doing a remarkably good job and a little time spent before he had more than 100 active people working for him. His earliest album was in 1987 and it was named Feel My Power. The album was good and the selling of 60 thousand copies talks about this.
He extended to work hard, and he chose, and succeeded, to release a new album every year. The latest song that he released was All In My Mind and it was released in 2013.
- Date of Birth: March 30, 1962
- Age: MC Hammer is currently 58
- Birthplace: Oakland, California, United States
- Nationality: AMERICAN
- Hometown: San Francisco Bay Area
He studied at a high school in Oakland and later moved on to register for a degree in communication. But, he did not complete it due to a lack of interest.
MC Hammer Family
- Father: Lewis Burrell (Poker Player, Manager, Supervisor)
- Mother: Stanley’s mother’s name is not known.
- Siblings: Chris Burrell (Older Brother), Louis Burrell (Older Brother), had 6 other siblings.
MC Hammer Wife
He is one of the celebrities that have the largest and most durable marriages on the exhibition. His wife’s nickname is Stephanie and they have been together for more than thirty years. They have got five children through their wedding.
MC Hammer has five kids. The girls’ names are A’keiba and Sarah. The boys’ names are Bobby, Sammy, and Jeremiah.
He received the following Grammy Awards in 1991:
- Best Rap Solo Performance for U Can’t Touch
- This Best R&B Song for U Can’t Touch This
- Best Music Video: Long Form for Please Hammer, Don’t Hurt ‘Em: The Movie
MC Hammer Net Worth
MC Hammer earned a lot, but he has also spent a lot and this led him to bankruptcy that he declared since his debt was at about 13 million USD. This was the result of his expensive lifestyle and spending too much money on his videos. His net worth is 3 million USD.
The highest-grossing profits of Mc Hammer
- Estimated earnings from sales of his album Please Hammer, Don’t Hurt ‘Em (1990): $14,700,000
- Estimated earnings from sales of his album Too Legit to Quit (1991): $5,500,000
- Estimated earnings from sales of his album Look Look Look (2006): $306,000
- Estimated earnings from sales of his album Let’s Get It Started (1988): $2,200,000
- Estimated earnings from sales of his album Feel My Power (1987): $64,000
Mc Hammer Pants
Hammer pants are customized baggy pants fitting for hip-hop dancing. Hammer simplified the pants by using them frequently during live performances and music videos. He had his strange hammer pants custom-made. Vanilla Ice boasted that he got paid $1 million by his record label for using hammer pants through a show.
Facts of MC Hammer
- He was raised in East Oakland.
- His career-high was from 1980 to 1990.
- At the end of the 1990s, he started preaching for a show called M.C. Hammer and Friends on TBN with a Christian ministry program.
- Hammer once starred in a Saturday morning cartoon show called the Hammerman in 1991.
- From the ’80s to the ’90s, he popularized the “Hammer pants”.
Social Profile of Mc Hammer
Read More: Tomica Woods Wright